nuffnang advertisement

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Kid from The Big Apple 2 Review...

Have you watch The Kid from The Big Apple 2?

I watched the first episode. I don't read Chinese but there is English subtitle anyway.  I love the family ties projected in the movie, first episode; the relationship between Grandpa and his daughter and granddaughter. So when, the 2nd episode is released, I went to watch it.

This time round, I brought my eldest girl 12 and youngest 3 girl to watch it with me.  My eldest is very sceptical about watching a Chinese movie especially.  She will judge straight away on how terrible it will be and kept asked  why she had to tag along. Well as an autocrat mother sometimes, I insisted her to follow and; not to judge a book by its cover. And I told her she will surely love it.  She told me the only reason why she tagged along was because of the caramel popcorn sold in GSC.

We watched the movie quite late; as me and hubby were just finishing work at 8 some and then rushed to pick the kids. We entered the movie hall and; there were lots of people.  



The Kid From The Big Apple 2




The Kid from The Big Apple 2



The story line kicks off so well with so much humorous scenes by Ah Bao and his funny parents; Meng Suk and Meng Shou. The whole movie was presented very warmthly; the setting, the videography, the songs, the casts were all put together very well; and every scene really melt my heart. It made me laughed; it also made me cried.  

The most touching moment was when I saw my eldest daughter kept taking her spectacles down. I was wondering what's went wrong when I realised she was actually crying. She is a very cool child; but she couldn't stopped her tears. She must have realised something. She was raised up with the care of her GungGung; while mummy and daddy worked day and night to make a better life for her.  As for me and my hubby, we realised that we spent very little time for our love ones due to work.  This movie reminded both of us that family really matter. It does really matter.

Get yourself to watch the movie; to feel it for yourself if you can hold the tears from falling down your cheek. Get yourself to watch the movie; to find out if you really missed something in life.  Get yourself to watch the movie; to find out if you have really known the true love for your family. Get yourself to watch the movie; if you can understand the pain suffered by 淑娴 ; the character played by the most down to earth, kind and beautiful artiste Debbie Goh吴天瑜. I could feel her as I am a working mother, a wife and a daughter. It is so hard to balance on every aspect of life when you need to work hard to make a living; and a better home for your children.

This is by far the most touching and wonderful movie to bring your whole family members to watch. Learn the moral together; laugh together and cry together.  I asked my eldest daughter,"Ern, how is the movie?" She replied," I am surprised it has made me cried. Mummy you are so bad!" I asked her,"Which character you like best?" She loved the GungGung character in the movie.  From there  I knew, her own GungGung has a very special place in her heart. I then remind her,"Ern, love your GungGung more!" 


As for me; I loved what GungGung said,"A man should bear his responsibility. A man must be there for his woman". 

With the actresses Debbie Goh吴天瑜 and Sarah Tan; a surprise the cast has given to the Kuching movie goer  after  the movie ended. What a great gesture from the team. Kudos girls!


With the whole team at GSC City One on 25Th November 2017, a surprise after the movie. It is so great  to see them in Kuching. Thank you for reminding us the importance of  love and family.



This is the song that touched my heart; when I think of my own mother.
P/s: While writing this blog; I listened to this lovely song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment